Hot chocolate is one of my favorite things to make & devour when it starts to get cold outside. I love the intense chocolate flavor it has when you make it from scratch & can add whatever you want into it!
When I was at home on one of those cold days I was daydreaming new inventions that would be fun to make & this was one of them. Yes, I know I'm weird to daydream about interesting food combinations, but I am what I am. And hey, you're benefiting right?! So after thinking it up, I've made it a couple of times & I think the below ratios are the perfect combination. I wouldn't be surprised if you started seeing this pop up as a new drink at Starbucks...it's just that good! Hey Starbucks, want to use my recipe? You know you want to! Just try a cup & you'll see how irresistible it is!
- 6 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half & half
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 T vanilla extract
- 1 pinch instant coffee (you don't taste it but it intensifies the chocolate flavor)
1. Bring milk and half & half to almost a boil.
2. Turn heat off and whisk in sugar, vanilla and instant coffee until blended/dissolved.
3. Whisk in Nutella until melted and part of the liquid completely.
4. Whisk in chocolate morsels until completely melted.
5. Pour into a thermos or your favorite mug and serve.