Tuesday, June 21, 2011

BOGA Smoothie

I love to make new inventions using my Vitamix blender as a healthy (and cheaper) alternative to buying one in a store. Most of the time I use frozen fruit with yogurt and juice, but this time I wanted to make something using what was in my own fridge since we have such wonderful produce this time of year. My strawberries had gone bad while I was out of town or I probably would have added those into the mix. I guess then it would have been the BOGAS Smoothie...haha! It's probably better this way.

TIP: Any time you make a smoothie, you can get many more nutrients just from leaving skins that are edible on the produce. Just make sure you have a blender that is powerful enough to puree them.


Ingredients:
  • 1 peeled banana
  • Roughly 1 cup of red grapes
  • 1 green apple (cored, but not peeled)
  • 1 cup of orange juice (2 whole oranges would be better, I was just out)
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 2 tbsp greek yogurt (you can use any kind, I just prefer greek)
  • 1 cup of ice

Directions:

1.  Rinse fruit and add to blender.

 


2. Add juice, yogurt, & honey on top.



3. Last, add the ice.


TIP: When making a smoothie, add the ice last. 
This way your blender will cut up the softer things first 
and have less trouble over the hardest thing to blend.

Bon Appetit!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment