I'm not the biggest fan of pork due to it's ability to be such a dry meat, so I'm always looking for a great way to cook it and keep it juicy! This is a quick and fun way to spice up your next entree at dinner. Plus, it takes less than 5 minutes to prep and only 10 minutes to cook!
- 6-8 thin cuts of boneless pork chops (thin is important so it can stay juicy, but cook thoroughly)
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam (jelly will not work correctly)
- 2 tbsp spicy mustard
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to season pork
- About 3 tbsp EVOO
1.Heat pan to medium-high heat.
2. While heating up, mix jam, mustard, vinegar, and Worcestershire together with a whisk.
3. Season one side of the pork chops with salt and peppers.
4. Add oil and carefully lay the pork (seasoned side down) into pan & sear 1 side (roughly 1 minute.)
While searing, season the other side with salt and peppers.
TIP: You will know when they are ready to turn when the meat does not stick to the pan.
5. Flip and sear the other side (another 1 minute.)
6. Brush the glaze over the top of all pork chops (while second side is searing.)
7. Turn the temperature down to low. Flip and glaze the other side.
8. Cover and let simmer for 8 minutes.
9. Turn off heat and serve!
Most of the time I like pork chops with mashed potatoes, but since we had that last night, I made whole wheat pasta tossed in EVOO and Italian dried herbs alongside green beans.