Monday, June 20, 2011

Garlic & Rosemary Smashed Potatoes

I have always loved mashed potatoes and try to change my recipe almost every time I make them. This, however, is requested at my house as a favorite. It is simple, fresh, and tastes like you could have paid a lot of money for it in a restaurant! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.

Ingredients:
  • 4 baking potatoes OR 6 smaller potatoes (yellow/butter/red) - pick your favorite!
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 12 cloves of garlic (minced fine) - don't worry, it's not overwhelming
  • 1 tbsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tbsp freshly cracked pepper
  • 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary - you can add more, but not less
  • 1 cup of heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup of cheese (optional & I like to use either Parmesan or one that is mild & nutty)

Directions: 

1. Wash & chop potatoes into small cubes (leave the skins on for a more rustic look & taste.)

2. Add cubes to a oiled pot, add hot water, cover & bring to a boil.



3. Boil potatoes until done.
TIP: If you can stick a fork in them and it slides off easily, they are ready.

4. Strain and set aside.

5. Melt butter in the same pot and add salt, pepper & garlic.



6. Saute garlic over low heat until barely browning (be careful not to burn.)



7. Add heavy cream & rosemary and barely bring to a boil.



8. Removed from heat and add potatoes. Smash all ingredients together.



9. Stir in the cheese until melted.



Serve these alongside any meat. I love to serve them with a nice steak (see my Black Peppercorn Crusted Steak), but they work with most proteins, even fish! 

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment