This is probably one of the easiest, and most common things that I make in my kitchen. It can be made plain as the main entree, or you can use the chicken in a salad, pasta dish, tortilla wrap, etc. Tonight I served it with pasta in a balsamic cream sauce and will upload that recipe soon! This is a favorite among my immediate and extended family, and from me to you, it's simple and has very little prep time! I hope you enjoy one of our family's favorite dishes!Ingredients:
- About 1 pound chicken breasts or tenders
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional, but will not make this spicy; it just enhances the flavor)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray & mix all ingredients, except the chicken.
TIP: This will allow the chicken time to soak up the flavors before baking.
TENDERS: 15 minutes
BREASTS: 20 minutes
6. Take the chicken out of the oven and cover with foil for 5 minutes
so the chicken can soak up the juices before serving.