I have a very hard time getting my family to eat vegetables, especially squash. My son hates it in fact! So I decided to go a different route in preparation with the marinade and grilling. If you like garlic, I think you'll really like this. I love the fact that it steams after you grill it and it cooked to perfection. This is a new favorite of mine and I'm glad I have left overs for lunch tomorrow!
- 1 butternut squash
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sherry cooking wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or oregano (finely chopped)
- 5 cloves of garlic, about 2 tbsp (roughly chopped)
1. Slice the butternut squash in half and remove the pulp and seeds from the bulb end.
4. Combine the oil, vinegar, cooking wine, honey & herbs
in a gallon size plastic zip-lock bag and mix well.
8. Preheat grill to medium heat.
9. Remove the squash slices from the bag and save as much marinade as possible.
10. Season the squash slices with a little bit of sea salt.
11. Grill the squash slices about 5 minutes per side.
13. Cover with foil and let rest for 12 minutes.
TIP: This is important because it will continue to steam and soak in the juices from the marinade.