I love mousse and I love nutella so when I was trying to come up with a new dessert, making nutella mousse just seemed like a fun idea! I'm preparing this one way, but offering two different ways to present it. Some people do not like to mix fruit with nutella, so you can choose which option looks the most appealing to you: plain, or parfait style with strawberries and cream. Both are to die for!Ingredients:
serving size: 4 medium size cups
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup nutella
- 1 pinch of instant coffee
- This is important because it heightens the chocolate in the nutella and makes it pop in your mouth!
- 6-8 strawberries (1 whole for the top of each dish, the rest sliced for the layering)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pour 2 cups whipping cream, instant coffee & nutella in mixer bowl.
If you are serving the mousse by itself, continue with step 4 & 5, then serve.
If you are serving the mousse parfait style, skip to step 6!
6. Put a zip-lock plastic bag inside of a cup so it is easy to pour the mousse inside of.
TIP: Use the freezer style bag because it is thicker
and will be easier to get the mousse out of later!
9. Keep the zip-lock inside of the cup and chill for at least 2 hours.
To make the whipping cream
(for the parfait or to top the plain nutella mousse)
10. In a separate bowl, whip the remainder of the whipping cream (1 cup) until soft peaks form.
11. Add vanilla & powdered sugar and whip until cream is more firm (about 1 more minute.)
12. Take the mousse out of the fridge and cut the tip off so you can use it as a piping bag
(and make less of a mess getting the mousse into the cup.)
Layer serving dish in 3 layers: mousse, strawberries & whipping cream.
13. Repeat and top with a whole strawberry.
14. Chill for another 2 hours and while you're waiting, you do have a bowl to clean...and I'm sure you can find some help from your kids, spouse, or just sneakily take care of it on your own! :)
After 2 hours, take it out of the fridge and devour!