Monday, July 4, 2011

Tarragon Dipping Sauce

One of my favorite burger joints in Dallas is called The Old Monk: Irish Pub. It has a very casual, laid back atmosphere and to top it off, some of the best cheese boards I've ever had! One day after work, we went there to enjoy a cheese board with their wonderful shoe string french fries on the side. When the fries came out, they had a side of tarragon sauce that was amazing! I just knew I had to recreate the recipe. It took a few tries, but I finally got it down.

My friend Kristen always laughs when I say something is easy
(because she doesn't agree most of the time), but I promise she would agree with me on this one.
Plus, it's her birthday today. So happy birthday Kristen!

It will take you no more than 5 minutes, including chopping the tarragon! I've served this as a dipping sauce with french fries, but many guests have slathered it all over their burgers, other sides, etc.
so make enough to go around for everyone!


Ingredients:
*This will make roughly 1 cup
  • 2/3 cup mayonnaise (don't use miracle whip, it isn't the same)
  • 1/3 cup ranch dressing (Hidden Valley is the best in my opinion)
  • 3 tbsp fresh tarragon (finely chopped)
    • If you don't have fresh on hand, you can substitute dried, but reduce to 2 tbsp
    • Also, you can use a mixture of 2 tbsp fresh & 1 tbsp dried (this is my favorite way)
  • 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
Directions:
1. Mix mayonnaise & ranch dressing thoroughly.



2. Add tarragon & pepper and mix until everything is blended together.



3. Serve with fries, burgers, or anything else you can think of!

Bon Appetit!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment